“1. Don’t ever tell anyone they look tired.
2. Help people, and if you offer to help someone, follow though.
3. Be kind to people who work in retail and food service.
4. Let someone know you’re not interested.
5. Actually “hang out sometime.”
6. Be a little more honest.
7. Stop calling each other mean names on the internet.
8. Send more letters (not emails) and gifts.
9. Give more genuine complements.
10. Have more patience while waiting in lines.”—
I have been trying to do these things lately. It really makes a big difference. Especially sending people small, cheap, personalized gifts. Or even postcards with a few paragraphs of text on them (write small).
We stood in your room and laughed out loud. Suddenly the laughter died and we were caught in an eye to eye. We sat on the floor and did we sit close. I could smell your thoughts and thought. Do you want to touch a lot like me? Too scared to say a thing. I left your house and kicked myself. I put those feelings on a shelf to die. I guess I’m not a gambling type but think of what the two of us had lost.